V.I.P.S. (Volunteers in Police Service)
If you are a person who cares about his/her community, who wants to make a positive change in his/her community then you too could be a member of VIPS! If you have three hours per week of spare time, you can make a major contribution towards improving your community.
To find out more, read the following questions:
- Can you type?
- Can you file?
- Are you observant?
- Would you like to see the graffiti removed from our buildings?
- Are you concerned with the direction some of our community youths are taking.
- Can you drive, or write?
- Can you talk easily to people?
- Are you computer literate?
- Are you interested in photography, or the intricacies of identifying, preserving, & collecting evidence?
If you answered yes to any, or all of these questions then you are the type of man or woman we need!
The City of Orland Police Department has established a Citizen’s Police Academy to train and educate the members of the community who are interested. The academy is open to anyone 16 years of age and older. The next Citizen's Police Academy will begin on JANUARY 17, 2015 . Successful academy graduates will be treated to a graduation ceremony in March hosted by the Volunteers In Police Services and will have the opportunity to become members of the Orland V.I.P.S.
In order to register for the training you must contact Officer Kyle Cessna at 530-865-1616 or email email@example.com. If you are interested in joining and want to find out more information you can also email firstname.lastname@example.org . The Orland VIPS is a dedicated group of citizen volunteers. Those interested in attending the next Citizen's Academy must complete the attached application.
On Tuesday, August 4th, citizens, law enforcement agencies, public safety agencies, community groups, businesses and local officials will come together in Orland's Library Park to celebrate 'National Night Out," starting at 6:00 PM.
The annual 'National Night Out' in Orland is sponsored and hosted by the VIPS. Informational booths will be set up by a number of community organizations providing educational material for Orland's citizens on health issues, public safety, and home security. Join us in celebrating' National Night Out' with food, fun and music.
Special events will be live music donated by Northern Heat, dunk tank, chalk art by the Glenn County Fair Queen and her court, face painting, a bounce house and raffle prizes.
Orland residents will have the opportunity to meet and greet their neighbors, get to know what services are available from a variety of city and county offices, and have some fun all at the same time. It is designed to:
- Heighten crime, drug, and violence prevention awareness;
- Generate support for and participation in local anti-crime programs such as the Orland VIPS;
- Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police community partnerships;
- Send a message to criminals letting them know we are fighting back to make Orland a safer place to live.
Come join us for a fun evening!